A bituminous mix to break the monotony of conventional asphalt mixes while retaining all the mechanical properties.
A natural finish with the performance of conventional asphalt. Fircolor Sauló is a hot bituminous mix with a special AC8 SURF formulation, combining different types of aggregates of between 0 and 7 mm to achieve its visual appearance. The binder used is translucent synthetic bitumen, allowing the colours of the formulated aggregates to be seen. This combination allows for natural finishes without compromising on the mechanical performance of asphalt mixes.
The honey-coloured synthetic binder design allows the colour of the aggregate chosen to show through on the surface. When it is first laid, the characteristic tone of the synthetic binder predominates. With use, the passage of time and climatic factors, this evolves towards a lighter shade of the formulated aggregates, characteristic of sandstone (sauló).
The paving will develop a more natural appearance as the months pass and the thin layer of the surface binder is gradually worn away.
Application and uses
The Fircolor mix can be applied quickly using the same methods as for spreading and compacting conventional continuous asphalt. It retains the mechanical performance of conventional bituminous mixes and has a wide variety of uses. For example, it can be applied in public squares, car parks, bike lanes and rural roads to minimise the visual impact.
• It can be applied in thicknesses of between 3 and 6 cm on asphalt or concrete surfaces.
• This continuous, flexible paving does not have joints, thus avoiding the breakages typical of paving stones.
• It is able to withstand both pedestrian and road traffic and it adapts to the movement of flexible paving.
• The application process allows opening to traffic in 2 hours.
• The visual impact on the environment is minimised with a natural finish.